At Printed.com, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and data. Throughout this policy, when we write “Printed.com” or “we” or “us,” we’re referring to The Printed Group Ltd of Threeways House, 40-44 Clipstone St, London W1W 5DW, United Kingdom.
Information we collect and use
Information Printed.com collects about you
When you interact with our Site or Services, we collect Information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
Information you provide when you create an account
When you sign up for or use our Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Your name, email address, classification and contact details. If you log into Printed.com using social networking services, such as Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account. You can disable that login from My Account, removing Printed.com’s access to that data and account.
Other Information we collect
We collect this Information as you use the Site and/or Services this may include personal information about you and about others depending on the content and address information provided by you:
- User Content. This consists of all text, documents, or other content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Services.
- User Artwork. This applies to all supporting artwork or photography uploaded for the sole purpose of printing your chosen products.
- Delivery addresses. This applies to all addresses used to deliver print products to and to provide paper service communications such as Invoices.
Information we collect automatically
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with Printed.com and your use of the Site and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Geographical data - This is information (by way of an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) collected from your device which identifies the location you are accessing from when interacting with our Site and/or Services.
- Log data - As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Usage information - This is information about the Printed.com Site and/or Services you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyse how users use our Site and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information - This is data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using Printed.com Services.
How does Printed.com use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- to help us administer our Site and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalised user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site and/or Services.
- to communicate with you about your use of our Site and/or Services, print product announcements, and updates to our Services, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- to send you direct marketing emails, promotions and special offers about Printed.com, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you create your account or any point thereafter.
- to display User Content and/or User Artwork associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Services.
- to calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site and/or Services, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
Does Printed.com review User Content and/or User Artwork?
As a rule, Printed.com employees do not monitor or view your User Content and/or User Artwork stored in or transferred through our Site and/or Services, but it may be viewed if we believe our Terms and Conditions have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so to respond to your requests for user support, if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the Terms and Conditions, or to improve our algorithms to deliver you as a customer a better experience.
In addition, if you request that we review and/or correct any User Artwork supplied , our artwork team may also read or view the User Artwork you submit , as this will be necessary to complete any corrections or amendments to artwork supplied by you in order that we can print and fulfil any orders you have placed relevant to such User Artwork submitted.
Finally, your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Printed.com and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
Information access and disclosure
Does Printed.com share my Information?
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when one of the following circumstances apply:
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting operational business needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us, and are all working under appropriate written processing agreements with us.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms and Conditions, to enforce those Terms and Conditions, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site and/or Services.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Printed.com and users of our Site and/or Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including but not limited to, law enforcement requests.
Printed.com does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
We may disclose Non-Personal Data publicly and to third parties – for example, in public reports about artwork/photography usage, to partners under agreement with us, or as part of progress reports we may provide to users.
User Artwork is shared with third party print providers as necessary to perform our contract with you, and based on our legitimate interests in order to provide the Services.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Services, use pixels that may allow their systems to learn that you have visited the Site and/or Services. This Information can be combined with other data they have collected about user visits to other websites or online services.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
To keep you up to date with latest offers and products, we engage in online advertising. Like many businesses, this is possible through digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, using various ad technologies (pixels, ad tags, cookies, web beacons, and mobile identifiers), as well as ad services such as Facebook’s Custom Audience. The ads you will see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of printed.com or engagement with our ads.
We only send marketing communications to users with your prior consent.
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about print product announcements, updates to our Services, and special offers for similar products and services. This is because you have previously purchases our products/services and opted-in to receiving such communication. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Printed.com emails and changing your contact preferences. All Printed.com account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to Printed.com will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the EEA, with the exception of Stationery products (Business Cards, Letterheads, Compliment Slips) which are stored in the United States for which we have a standard contract for transfers out of the EEA. When you use the Services on your computing device, User Content and User Artwork you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed in those locations.
How secure is my Information?
Printed.com is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We use industry-standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology.
We will do our best to protect your Personal Data, User Content and User Artwork, however we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site and/or Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features in order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
If Printed.com learns of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us, via SMS or by posting a notice on the printed.com website.
There are specific rights that you have relating to you Personal Data, User Content and User Artwork:
- The right to be informed about how your Personal Data is being collected and used
- The right to be informed about how your User Content and User Artwork is stored
- The right to access the Personal Data we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you (although you can do most of this through My Account)
- The right to request that we delete your Personal Data
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, this again can be done through My Account)
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK via the Data protection complaints website or the Information Commissioner’s Office via their helpline: 0303 123 1113
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
How long is Personal Data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from Printed.com at any time by deleting your account as mentioned above and in our GDPR FAQs. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations for up to 6 years.
When User Artwork is uploaded to our site it goes through various automated processes before being printed. The original User Artwork is deleted immediately after we create a “print-ready” artwork file, but the “print-ready” artwork file is stored indefinitely for us to provide the service to you, for example to allow you to reorder.
What happens if Printed.com closes my account?
If Printed.com closes your account due to your violation of the Terms and Conditions, then you may contact Printed.com to request deletion of your data. Printed.com will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
At Printed.com we are constantly evolving and we may need to update this Policy in the future to keep pace with changes in our Site and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. Effective dates and updates will be posted on this page.
If you have other questions or do not have a Printed.com account, contact the Printed.com Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.