Organising an outdoor event? With spring on the horizon, preparations have begun – especially ahead of the Kings Coronation. From fayres and fetes to markets and outdoor exhibitions, the possibilities are endless for your alfresco adventures.
But before you whip out the bunting and party hats, check out our handy print checklist to make sure yours is a roaring success…
Before your outdoor event
Whether it’s your own space or you’ve hired an outdoor venue, the way you transform it is key. From welcoming your guests with Flags and A-boards to displaying creative backdrops for those key photo opportunities. You can never be too prepared.
So when it comes to print, consider the following points for all your ‘before the day’ print:
- Is it invitation only? Print and circulate personalised Invites to your customers or loyal clients so they know where to be and when – after all, you need to have people show up!
- If you’ve got the caterers in, you’ll likely want to print some Menus so that your guests know what to expect. These could be individually printed, or displayed as Posters or Display Boards in catering areas
- Display Boards are also a great way to highlight specific areas, such as toilets, cash machines, phone charging areas and first aid points
- It can be useful to print directional signage to help your guests easily navigate your event. Depending on the size of your venue, you might benefit from printing a large map to display at the entrance so people can plan their day
- Consider Roller Banners or PVC Banners to promote bespoke messages at your event. These can really help catch the attention of visitors, and highlight quotes or slogans to really bring your event to life
- Most importantly… create a talking point! People love an excuse to pose for a selfie. So why not design a decorative Vinyl backdrop to help encourage visitors to share the event with friends
On the day of your event
Event day has arrived. But that doesn’t necessarily mean the print possibilities are over. You don’t have to do everything on this list, but here are a few ways you can make the most of the day:
- Give Wristbands to your guests on arrival. This is a great way of not only getting to meet your attendees individually, but it’s also an opportunity to brand something that they then wear for the entire day
- Leaflets and Flyers are a print staple which can be used to hand out at your event to promote products, competitions or even future events (great if your event is part of a series of many)
- Don’t underestimate the power of Business Cards. Whether used traditionally, or as part of a promotion on the day – these pocket-sized rectangles are a great way to get people to remember you once the event has been and gone
- If you’re doing anything interactive, such as a charity donation initiative, perhaps use Table Talkers on tables or bar tops to promote QR codes that link to your website. This is an effective way to incite action on the day and capture leads
- Who doesn’t love a Sticker? Whether it’s something for the kids, a name badge, or simply just for fun. Stickers are a great gift for your guests, and again leaves them with a lasting memory from the day
After your outdoor event
Congratulations on a successful outdoor event. But how can you harness this success? Through print of course! Here are a few tips for following up after your event, to engage customers and guests and get them ready for the next one.
- Send Thank You cards to your attendees with a roundup of the event. This might include photos from the day and even a bespoke offer
- Meet anyone influential? Follow up any potential partnerships with a bespoke Brochure or Presentation Folder – a great way to stay front of mind and nurture potential sponsors or leads
- Plan ahead and get your designs in place for your next outdoor event. What worked well? What could be bigger and better? Build on your learnings and set your sights on continued success
Looking to create something custom for your outdoor event? Whether it’s a uniquely shaped Sticker, specific sized Brochures, VIP Tickets, selfies frames, or even Block Foiled event stationery – our dedicated Bespoke Team are on hand to help you bring your print to life. Simply fill out our quick and easy form and we’ll get back to you with a quote within 24 hours.