Commercial Data Analyst
Who we want
The Commercial Data Analyst will support the Commercial Director and Operational teams through the provision of actionable and insightful information.
This exciting role will be responsible for the management and analysis of company commercials to ensure all company decisions are in line with the business’ sales, profit, strategic goals and KPIs.
The analyst will primarily use Excel, Tableau reporting to provide product, commercial and financial analysis.
The position will play a vital role in helping to improve our product, pricing and margin metrics, to support and develop our sales / pricing strategy and successfully grow the business.
- Provide clear analysis and understanding of the sales and margin trends and highlighting opportunities.
- Support the delivery against company KPIs and decision framework.
- Ensure promotional offers enhance cash margin.
- Improve reporting particularly in relation to product ranges.
- Develop reporting through use of dashboards and daily/weekly updates.
- Provide key reports for inclusion in the monthly management reporting pack identifying key trends and areas of opportunity or risk across the business.
- Calculate profit down to line level (i.e. per product, paper stock).
- Report profitability per customer, product, supplier, segment, sector and market.
- Analyse profitability information and identify areas that need addressed.
- Support the development of pricing strategy based on Brand and commercial goals.
- Monitoring of Research and presentation of findings.
- Converting research into actionable business plans.
- Contribute to overall business strategy.
- Diagnosing business problems.
- What if analysis for opportunities.
- Mapping and rebuilding processes.
- Be a key member of the Commercial team and support decision making.
- Support education, training and mentoring all areas of the business to improve profitability.
Skills & experience required:
- Proven advanced database and Excel skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical ability leading to the provision of high management information.
- Commercial Business Partnering, ability to work closely with Marketing and the operational business, providing recommendations.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Data process maintenance, control and streamlining.
- Strong attention to detail and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience of providing and applying statistical modelling for decision making.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, ability to work independently.
Nice to have:
- Degree level education.
- Experience of using Google Analytics.
- Ecommerce experience, passion for retailing.
How to apply:
If you're interested, please send your CV (in PDF format) to the below email with a short cover letter telling us why you'd be a great addition to our team.
Job type: Full timeApply now
Absolutely NO AGENCIES please.
Internships and other opportunities at printed.com
Calling all students! At the risk of sounding like a bunch of downright boasters, we like to think that printed.com is a great company to work for. In order to stay young at heart, we want to invite as many interns and work experiencers to join us as we possibly can. If you think you’d like to get mixed up with the likes of us for some valuable knowledge gathering and hard graft, we’d love to hear from you.
Send us your CV (in PDF format) and a cover letter so we can get to know you a little better, and we can take it from there!
If you’re looking to work with us here at printed.com, drop us your CV (in PDF format) and a little note telling us about yourself and why you’d be a perfect fit for our team. We get a lot of post, but we’ll try to respond wherever we can, and will always keep your details in case something comes up in future.
First and foremost; thanks for your interest in working with us, we’re proud of our increased expansion and hiring the right people is key to our success. We’re an efficient team that uses our time as effectively as possible and so we work strictly with the agencies we’ve specifically chosen—we’re very happy with them and what they’ve done for us.
We’re proactive in our recruitment process and often find people through word of mouth, so unless you’re introduced to us through someone else, please do not get in touch. If we don’t call you back, it’s because we don’t feel like the fit is right. Please take note of this—it saves us time and it saves you time.