Bagged a fiancé? Set a date? Then it’s time to get your wedding stationery organised. Whether you’ve already set up a detailed spreadsheet (or simply don’t know where to begin!) we’re here to alleviate all your wedding stationery woes with our simple checklist.
Let’s start at the very beginning…
Your wedding stationery checklist
From the RSVPs to the post-party Thank You Cards, there’s a LOT to cram into your wedding suite planning. But don’t panic, to help you out we’ve categorised each product below so you know when it’s needed:
Before the day
- Save the Dates
- Your Save the Dates set the tone for the big day, and make sure that your guests have some basic information, including the date and venue of your wedding. Send these out as soon as you’ve made a booking to make sure people keep it free!
- Wedding Invitations
- Invites are the next step, which provide a continuation of your chosen stationery suite with more info about the day, including venue addresses, key timings and gift list details. It’s the next opportunity to elaborate on your wedding theme, so take some time to think about what this might be.
On the day
- Wedding Table Plan
- Place Cards
- Time for that perfectly curated Table Plan to swing into action, with all your favourite people sitting down to celebrate together. You can really get creative here and even double these up as DIY wedding favours! With our personalisation service, it’s super easy to upload your guest list data. Find out more here.
- Wedding Table Names
- Whether you choose personalised names for your tables, or keep it simple with table numbers – it’s totally up to you. You may perhaps even combine this element of your suite with centre pieces such as flowers. Either way, just make sure it’s clear where you guests need to be!
- Wedding Menus
- Finally – the food bit! Let your guests know what delectable delights will be plopping onto their plates with Wedding Menus. You may choose to print one per person, of opt for a Table Talker (which has 3 sides and can cater for everyone). Either way, they’re bound to make your guests hungry.
After the day
- Wedding Thank You Cards
- An opportunity to personally thank all of your lovely guests for their attendance (and for the lovely hand towels). You may decide to use one of your favourite photos from the big day with a handwritten message inside. Our Uncoated paper stock is great for this option!
- Wedding Envelope Liners
- An opportunity to go ‘all out’ on your wedding stationery suite and extend your theme to the inside of your Envelopes. If you’re wondering how this works you can check out our handy template here.
- Decorative Stickers
- Photography Prints and albums
And there you have it! Your wedding stationery checklist. Don’t forget that at Printed.com, we offer Before the Day and On the Day bundles, so you can grab all your important wedding print in one go! (Which is a great way to nab a saving).
More food for thought
Now that you know what you need for your wedding suite, you can spend some time thinking a bit more about the finer details:
Papers and Special Finishes
Did you know that at Printed.com we offer over 60 different paper stocks? That’s a LOT to choose from, so it’s a good idea to order a sample pack before you make any big decisions. Our sample packs includes some great examples of what you can achieve, including Vellum Invitations and Foiled stationery too.
Exploring top trends
If you’re literally starting from scratch, it can be useful to do a bit of research into some of the top wedding stationery trends for this year. Check out our own rundown here for a bit of inspiration (but don’t be afraid to branch out from what everyone else is doing either!).
Often, weddings aren’t the greenest events. However, more and more couples are now trying their best to make theirs more environmentally friendly. From sourcing our papers from responsible suppliers to offering a wide range of eco-friendly and recycled paper options, check out some of our greener printing options right here.
Hiring a Wedding Stationer
Creating your full wedding suite from scratch can be a real task, and there are definitely pros and cons when it comes to going all out DIY. Lucky for you we also have a host of awesome Wedding Stationers ready to receive your ideas and help you bring your dream suite to life.
We hope this checklist has helped you get your wedding stationery plans on track. If we can be of any support in the preparations for your big day, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us – we’re here to help.