Creating winning foundations for your business leaflet
Leaflets can be found anywhere from a theme park to a doctors surgery and they normally contain, (we hope) useful information.
When it comes to ordering and designing leaflets we thought we would help you out a little:
We have lots of different options to choose from especially when it comes to folded leaflets; we give you the options of:
- Size: A5, A4, A3 240x148mm and 420x210mm all sizes are the pre-folded size of your document.
- Fold type: Half fold, Roll fold, Z fold and Gate fold.
- Single or double sided
- Paper type: Silk, Gloss, Uncoated and Gesso
- Paper weight: 120gsm, 130gsm, 150gsm, 160gsm, 170gsm, 200gsm, 230gsm, 250gsm, 300gsm, 325gsm and 300gsm. (gsm= grams square meter)
- Lamination: No Lamination, Gloss Single, Gloss Double, Matt Single and Matt Double.
As well as folded leaflets we have the option of standard Leaflets and Flyers. Although leaflets and flyers may look the same, leaflets tend to be heavier and have a gloss finish whereas flyers are usually on a lighter weight stock (paper).
When it comes to designing your leaflet we have some hints and tips:
- Where possible make sure the colour of your leaflet is CMYK.
- Try and use a resolution of 300dpi.
- Avoid thin boarders on your artwork.
- With folded leaflets make sure to align all of the elements across the fold (if images cross it).
- With roll folded leaflets ensure the inside panel is slightly smaller to avoid buckling.
- We also suggest, if possible that you print off a copy of your leaflet on a desktop printer to ensure your images and text are laid out correctly.