This week’s app of the week is brilliant if you want to solve Sudoku puzzles. While its functionality in a business environment isn’t exactly key we think that this app adds a touch of fun as well as functionality to your day to day life.
Google Goggles, is a great app which allows you to search by a image. All you need to is point your mobile phone camera at a painting, landmark of what ever you fancy and see what Goggles finds in its database.
Features of the App Include:
- Scan barcodes for product information
- Scan QR codes
- Translate foreign languages
- Recognise famous landmarks
- Add contacts by scanning a business card
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Identify paintings, books, DVDs, CDs and just about any 2D image
- Solve Sudoku puzzles
- Find similar products to yours
We don’t think so; this app is just fun, if not slightly gimmicky. However it works really well in our experience.
Goggles can read text in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Turkish, so this app may be very useful if you’re travelling.
Google Goggles is available on both iOS (iOS 4.0 Required) and Android (2.1+ Required) you can download the app for free here.
Check out last week's App of the Week, ES File Explorer