They say that music is the food of love, but it’s also a tasty snack for those looking to get inspired. Having the perfect playlist to hand for the job you’re working on can really help speed things up and get you in the mood, so before you reach for your stack of Backstreet Boys CDs, take a look at what other creatives will be listening to today.
Surface Pattern Designer
- 3 Days – Rhye
- Smoking Pixels – Jungle
- Lucky I got What I Want – Jungle
- Gold – Bondax
- Warm on a Cold Night – Honne
Jessica’s main working playlist is a staggering three hours and thirty nine minutes long. A lot of her favourite tunes to work to are largely slow, sultry dance tunes that don’t intrude too much. You can listen to her full playlist online.
Designer and Illustrator
1. Follow your arrow – Kacey Musgraves
2. Boom clap – Charli XCX
3. Strong – London Grammar
4. Everything I’ll ever need – Jonathan Jackson
5. Joy parade – Lennon & Maisy
A strong country vibe runs through Joanne’s playlist, with tracks from Kacey Musgraves, Jonathan Jackson, and Lennon and Maisy which help to keep the work pace up and the mood positive. Very cool picks indeed!
- White Sails – Marques Toliver
- Cripple and the Starfish – Antony & The Johnsons
- Her Eyes Are Underneath The Ground – Antony & The Johnsons
- Heima – Sigur Rós
- All Is Love – Karen O And The Kids
If mellow and serene is the name of your playlist game, then you’ll probably want to give the rest of Faye’s tune selection a browse. This is a nice slow, all-rounder that works for most creative job types. You can listen to the rest of Faye’s playlist here.
Illustrator, Surface Designer and Maker
- Careless - Royal Blood
- Heart and Soul (Acoustic) - Twin Atlantic
- Gold Canary - Cloud Control
- Slow Cheetah - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- My Song 5 - Haim, A$AP Ferg
Deborah’s indie playlist is a nice medium tempo, mixing upbeat songs and slow jams with a rock edge. This playlist would be perfect for designing wedding stationery for a festival or ‘organic’ themed wedding or cool, indie art show.
Crafter and Maker
- Sing – Ed Sheeran
- Can’t Rely on You – Paloma Faith
- Heart’s On Fire – Passenger
- Like I Can – Sam Smith
- Naked As We Came – Iron & Wine
This playlist is a definite crowd pleaser—lots of upbeat pop tunes are sure to keep everyone in your workspace motivated and humming along. You can listen to the rest of Claire’s playlist here.
If you have a playlist you think everyone will want to get down to while they work, pop a link in the comments below and share it.