About printed.com

  • printed.com environment
  • printed.com community
  • printed.com apprenticeship

Welcome to printed.com. Our aim is to be a great business. To us being 'great' means just a few simple things. Firstly we want to provide our customers with great printing services which exceed their expectations. We want to continue to innovate and make our site faster and easier to use than any other online printing site, as well as introduce new features and products to help our customers businesses grow.

If our customers do experience a problem then we want to solve it swiftly and to their satisfaction. We also want to be a great place for our staff to work. We want our team to be caring, motivated and proud of what they do as well as progress and develop as our business grows. It is also important to us to be sensitive to the environment around us, which is why we try and lead our industry in this area.

In 2011 we launched a community outreach job creation program and continue to develop this to help people get work and experience through printed.com. In the end we believe that if we can be a 'great' business then our customers, staff and environment around us will all be in better places and that must be a good thing!

Environment

Environment

We say we're green, but what does that mean? printed.com is committed to leading the print industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment. To date we have achieved an average of 98% recycling from our production site, with the remaining 2% being turned into refuse-derived fuel. We have recently chosen to source our electricity from a green source utilising Biomas energy. In 2012 we also reviewed all our supplier contracts to ensure that all printed.com suppliers were meeting our environmental standards and shared our values and goals when it comes to leading the industry.

Externally, printed.com has secured ISO 14001, an internationally accepted standard that sets out a framework designed to address the balance between maintaining profitability and reducing environmental impact. We are also accredited by the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®), an international organisation dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world's forests, at both of our sites to demonstrate our commitment to the environment. This means that every single sheet of paper we use is FSC approved, and for every tree we use another is planted.

In 2011 printed.com was shortlisted for the industry leading Print Week Environmental Company of the Year 2011 award.

Apprenticeship Scheme

Apprenticeship Scheme

Helping our community is a core part of printed.com. We operate a full apprentice scheme which is aimed at helping people gain experience for their future while contributing to the success of our business.

We have a number of people employed in our production plant, learning new skills and increasing the value to our business. This is an important part of printed.com as we believe that by helping people increase their skill set and gaining work experience they can go on to support their families better and as a fast growing successful business we want to make sure we are always giving back.

Helping our local community

Community

Helping our local community is something that continues to be very important to the team at printed.com. In 2011 printed.com launched a 'job creation' initiative. The aim of the initiative was to continue to explore ways in which we can help people find work and increase their skills. Currently we have two schemes in place. The first is our apprentice scheme and the second is helping out students with work experience. Currently we have three students working on social media engagement, sales and marketing and two apprentices working in our production facility in Newcastle.

Charities need money today more than ever. Here at printed.com we want to support causes and help them in the best way we can. All charities qualify for a special printed.com charity code entitling them to discounts on all their print. Visit the charity page to find out more.

On the 11/11/11 we donated 50% of our profits from that day to Help for Heroes and continue to look at other ways to support charities.

At a glance

At a glance

printed.com employs over 150 people across two sites; London and Newcastle. In our production facility we use the highest quality Hewlett Packard Indigo printing presses in order to give our customers the best quality product available today. Our Customer Service team are based in the UK and work five days a week, from 8:30am to 6:30pm.

Over 11,000 different businesses across the UK have tried printed.com. We supply print to printers, designers, hairdressers, universities, pet stores, marketing companies, florists, pubs, bars, restaurants, hotels, gyms and furniture shops.

At a glance

  • Team: 166
  • Customers: 15,824
  • Printing presses: 15
  • Recycle/reuse rate: 100%
  • Jobs completed so far this year: 66,109
  • Business cards printed so far this year: 3,792,272

Accolades

Winner

Retail Systems Awards

Two award wins for printed.com at the Retail Systems Awards

printed.com was successful in two of the three categories we were nominated in, and were awarded top accolades for Online Retail Website of the Year and Social Networking Initiative of the Year.

Digital Impact Awards

Award of commendation – Digital Impact Awards

Raise your glasses! We took home a commendation for Best Use of Digital in the Retail Sector from the Digital Impact Awards.

Internet Business Awards

Award of commendation – Internet Business Awards

The IBAs celebrate sites that offer the best online experiences for business customers and our efforts scored us recognition!

Best digital business

Best digital business

The National Business Awards has nominated us as Digital Business of the Year 2013, celebrating the ‘best of British business’.

Recognition for retail

Recognition for retail

Our second nomination from the eCommerce Awards for Excellence, this time for Best Small Retailer of the Year 2013..

Ecommerce Awards for Excellence

Acclaimed redesign

Redesign/Re-launch of the Year Award 2012 nomination from The Ecommerce Awards for Excellence.

Wonga Future 50

Up and coming

Wonga Future 50 - the class of 2012, identified us as one of the exciting UK new businesses, with a unique vision for the future.

Google

Google pioneers

Google chose us as a case study for the revolutionary use of their Adwords enhanced campaigns. Read more

Nicholas Green, founder of printed.com

Nicholas Green, founder of printed.com

"printed.com is all about a simple, easy to use website that provides the highest quality product available today. We want you to come back so we focus on making sure you are happy with the service and quality product we give you. If we get it wrong we will fix it; fast."

Crafty Creative and printed.com

Crafty Creatives

See how printed.com worked with Claire and Isobel of Crafty Creatives

Watch video
Cupcakes for Clara and printed.com

Cupcakes for Clara

See how printed.com worked with Laura of Cupcakes for Clara

Watch video
PSS and Trio and printed.com

PSS and Trio

See how printed.com worked with Rachael of PSS and Trio

Watch video

We are green!

We recycle 98% of our production waste and send the remaining 2% to become refuse-derived fuel. We also have an FSC accreditation, ISO 14001 and are part of World Land Trust. Read more about our environmental policies.

Accreditations

Accreditations

We have been accredited with internationally recognised quality standards. In working to these strict standards we are constantly striving to improve our overall process, the benefits of which you will enjoy.

Part of the group

We are part of Tangent Communications PLC, an AIM listed company. Other print companies within our group are; Goodprint and Tangent on Demand.